To return to Adults Courses
The slow food movement started Italy in the late 20th century and has spread across the globe. The premise being that we should all be trying to use local ingredients as well as ancient varieties of fruit & vegetables to help kerb the condensing of varieties hrough industrialisation; and also embracing the ideal of nose to tail eating. In this class we will cook recipes using ancient grains, unusual cuts of meat and use traditional recipes.
Students work in pairs and some recipes will be made together as a whole group. We will sit down afterwards and enjoy eating the fruits of our labour with a glass of wine or beer.
Typical recipes covered
- Injeera with spiced chickpeas
- Cholera pie
- Beef rillettes
- Making the most of the lesser-known, under-loved cuts of meat to make an unctuous and delicous stew
- Making Ethiopean Injeera using teff flour and the delicous traditional spiced topping
- Discovering an old Valaisanne dish made from ingredients found in every homestead
- Discussing the Italian Agrotourism from where the slow-food movement grew up
Prices for 3h (2-3 recipes can be covered in this time)
- Private lesson for up to 6 people - 895 chf
- Private lesson for up to 12 people - 1250 chf
- Group mixed lesson - 150 chf pp (min 6 people to run, max 12)**
** please note that if you want to do a shared class, we will agree a date with you 3 weeks or more in advance, and advertise it to our clients and contacts. We also suggest you ask your friends if they would like to join, so that we can get the minimum number required.
NB: price includes sitting down to enjoy the fruits of our labour in our beautiful dining room.
All our classes adhere to government guidelines regarding Covid-19. For a summary of the extra measures we are taking, beyond our usual strict hygiene protocols, please click here.