To return to Adults Courses
Why go to a restaurant for fondue when you could have fun learning to make it yourselves? The Swiss have created a range of wonderful hearty Alpine dishes, and we felt it would only be right to show you how some of them are made. In this session we highlight the wonderful produce from the local area as well as some classic traditions, including mastering potato rosti and making delicious Toblerone truffles.
Students work in pairs and some recipes will be made together as a whole group. We will sit down afterwards and enjoy eating the fruits of our labour along with some Bagnes raclette and a local Assiette Valaisanne.
Typical recipes covered
- Cheese fondue variations
- Potato rösti
- Swiss salad
- Toblerone truffles
- (If doing a private class, we can instead make our famous Cholera Pie and Apricot Tart for another take on our local cuisine)
- Learning to make a delicous fondue and adapt it for many different flavourings
- Learn how to rescue a split fondue
- Make simple ganache-based chocolate truffles, using our favourite Swiss chocolate
- Flipping rosti for the perfect crisp potato cake
Prices for 2h30 (2-3 recipes can be covered in this time)
- Private lesson for up to 6 people - 800 chf
- Private lesson for up to 12 people - 1150 chf
- Group mixed lesson - 125 chf pp (min 6 people to run, max 12)**
** please note that if you want to do a shared class, we will agree a date with you 3 weeks or more in advance, and advertise it to our clients and contacts. We would also suggest you ask your friends if they would like to join, so that we can get the minimum number required.
NB: price includes eating what we've made with a glass of wine or beer in our beautiful dining room.
All our classes adhere to government guidelines regarding Covid-19. For a summary of the extra measures we are taking, beyond our usual strict hygiene protocols, please click here.